In our own weaknesses we experience the Lord’s strength. Each one of us may recall a time when we were weak yet the Lord was strong. We may have been physically sick and not so inspired to let our light shine with the joy of our salvation. Or maybe there was a time of spiritual weakness when you were tormented with doubt and fear. At the depth of our weakness, we come to realise that God is a very present help, our light, our salvation and the stronghold of our lives.
But he said to me “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weakness so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake I delight in weakness, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties, for when I am weak then I am strong – Apostle Paul (2 Corinthians 12:9-11)
Let’s do a simple challenge this week:
- Whenever you are faced with a difficult situation – speak this scripture into your situation.
- Write this verse in a post it note, hang it in your work desk or your school desk as a reminder.
- In the face of persecution or hardship – speak it into your situation
- When you’re hurt and experiencing pain – speak it into your situation
- Anything and everything that count as a challenge or an obstacle in your life – speak this verse in your situation.
- Speak it as many times as you want and believe that change and freedom are your inheritance.
- Lastly, track it – write down everything you’ve learnt. Sometimes it’s good to see where you’ve started so you can be encouraged to move further to greatness.
This way, you will see the power of God in your life, whether is it to teach you something, to develop your character, to strengthen you or to discipline you; understand that everything has a purpose. Your experiences have a purpose not because of anything you did but because His grace is sufficient for you. Your situation cannot harm you, cannot define you and cannot own you, believe that!
Now walk in authority, in power because you are a child of God who has been pursued from the very beginning.